Owing to the high performance and excellent corrosion resistance, our Monel Steel 400 is in hige demand in the market. We offer Monel Steel 400 in various forms of bar, sheet, forgings, coil, platye, etc., as per the demand of the clients. our Monel Steel 400 is used in chemical, oil and marine industries.
- Corrosion resistance in an extensive range of marine and chemical environments. From pure water to nonoxidizing mineral acids, salts and alkalis.
- This alloy is more resistant to nickel under reducing conditions and more resistant than copper under oxidizing conditions, it does show however better resistance to reducing media than oxidizing.
- Good mechanical properties from subzero temperatures up to about 480C.
- Good resistance to sulfuric and hydrofluoric acids. Aeration however will result in increased corrosion rates. May be used to handle hydrochloric acid, but the presence of oxidizing salts will greatly accelerate corrosive attack.
- Resistance to neutral, alkaline and acid salts is shown, but poor resistance is found with oxidizing acid salts such as ferric chloride.
- Excellent resistance to chloride ion stress corrosion cracking.
- Feed water and steam generator tubing.
- Brine heaters, sea water scrubbers in tanker inert gas systems.
- Sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid alkylation plants.
- Pickling bat heating coils.
- Heat exchangers in a variety of industries.
- Transfer piping from oil refinery crude columns.
- Plant for the refining of uranium and isotope separation in the production of nuclear fuel.
- Pumps and valves used in the manufacture of perchlorethylene, chlorinated plastics.
- Monoethanolamine (MEA) reboiling tube.
- Cladding for the upper areas of oil refinery crude columns.
- Propeller and pump shafts.
|Mechanical Property Requirements|
|Ultimate Tensile||Yield Strength (0.2% OS)||Elong. in 2 in. or 50mm (or 4D), min.,%||R/A||Hardness|
|Min||87 KSi||60 KSi||20B|
|Min||600 MPa||415 MPa|
|Min||80 KSi||40 KSi||30D|
|Min||552 MPa||276 MPa|
- B- not applicable to diameters or cross sections under 3/32 in (2.4mm)
- D-For hot-worked flats 5/16 in. (7.9mm) and under in thickness the elongation shall be 20% min.
|Metal Type||UNS N04400|
|Bar||ASTM B164 QQ-N-281 Din 17750|
|Sheet||ASTM B127 QQ-N-281|
|Plate||ASTM B127 QQ-N-281|
|Weld Wire||FM 60/ ERNiCu-7/ 17753|
|Weld Electrode||FM 190 ENiCu-7|
|Carbide tools are suggested for rates better than 50% of Type 304.|
|Machining Type||Suggested starting rates are:|
|Single Point turning :||Roughing - 0.15" depth, 0.015"/rev feed -175 SFMFinishing - 0.025" depth, 0.007"/rev feed - 200 SFM|
|Drilling :||1/4" Dia hole - 0.004"/rev feed - 60 SFM|
1/2" Dia hole - 0.007"/rev feed - 60 SFM
3/4" Dia hole - 0.010"/rev feed - 60 SFM
|Reaming :||Feed - same as drilling - 100 SFM|
|Side and Slot Milling :||Roughing - 0.25" depth - 0.007"/tooth feed - 125SFM|
Finishing - 0.050" depth - 0.009"/tooth feed - 140SFM
|These rates are for carbide tools|
Type C-2 for roughing, drilling and reaming
Type C-3 for finishing